25 March 2021

A New Blog

 So, this is new. Probably the best time for me to get onto blogger was a decade ago (or even earlier). Oh well, might as well see what happens here now.

Red Box Vancouver was a public D&D campaign that existed from 2009 to around 2015 or thereabouts, and sort of continued for a few years after that in private campaigns. I'm not the one who created it, but I was the main person in charge for most of its run. I used the name for publishing when I started making books, mostly because it was right there.

But that game's been all over and done with for a while now. I mostly just play in games when other people invite me, and I haven't really organized a game myself in years (although I may have to start again after the pandemic, just so I can play this fucking Dune board game). It might have been a good idea to swap it out for a new name a while ago, but the next best time is now.

So I'm gonna be Chthonstone Games from now on.

This is a blog for tabletop role-playing game design. Presumably I'll focus a lot on old school mapcrawling, as well as the trad end of indie games (PbtA, FitD, etc). I might get into some comparisons between the game design styles and cultures of the two scenes, but let's not get our hopes up too quickly. I'm assuming this will be a space for long-form content that I would have posted on a forum (when I had ones I liked posting on), that I don't really want to put on twitter directly, but who knows what could happen.

No comments: